Thursday, July 21, 2011

Connections!

Great news from the doctor - lungs are completely clear, and the fatigue and lightheadedness from the antibiotic should wear off in the next couple of days.  Just in time!

Made some terrific connections today.  A friend, Ed Sulzberger from African Children's Haven, is introducing me to a woman who runs a primary school in the Mathare slum in Nairobi - we may be able to do some work together.  And a friend of a friend is introducing me to a Kenyan entrepreneur in Kisumu who works with disadvantaged youth, does HIV education and distributes sanitary pads.  I'll be able to connect him with the woman who is running the sanitary pad project I'll be learning about while I'm there.

A good day's work on the phone.  Tomorrow I'll have the energy to tackle my training manual edits.

Baby steps.  Blogging is evidently not for the faint of heart.  Or the lazy and complacent.  Or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment