Friday, July 22, 2011

Planning progress

Great forward progress on the Kenya planning front.  My farmer friend, Magdaline Wangeci, will be able to attend the sanitary towel training in Nyeri before I get there, and Rose will meet me at my hotel the morning of the 3rd for a visit, and has arranged a driver take me to Nyeri.
This is Magdaline showing me how to make a woven basket, starting with sisal leaves which she is turning into "thread" by splitting the fibers and rolling them along her leg.


This video was made by Jessy at the now-closed Lavenda Springs Academy, about a 10 minute walk from Magdaline's farm.  It's how I got involved in Kenya in 2004.



Some of the students still live in the area and I'm hoping to reconnect with a few, along with some local teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment