Monday, June 10, 2013

Why I Won't Go to Kenya in the Summer Ever Again

As excited as I am to be leaving a week from today for Kenya, I am sad to be missing some of the best months of my beautiful garden. Sheena John, my wonderful garden designer, has helped me have a garden to enjoy all through the growing season here in the Chicago area. I may be heading to work, literally, in the jungle in western Kenya, but other than banana plants and avocado trees you can't beat my garden for jungley lushness.
















And by "lush" possibly I mean "desperately needs attention".


My newhew Matt was planting my veggie garden for me, but we both gave up when it became clear that only the bunnies will enjoy the harvest.


My compost bins.


Where's my machete??











Spenser at the side entrance into the garden.


















Location:my garden!

5 comments:

  1. Your garden looked absolutely fabulous today. I wish you a great trip to Kenya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Penelope, I wish I had tips for commenting. Casey, any ideas? How did you sign up so that your name shows?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kathy I'm going to stop by and see your garden. I also will be getting some compost LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take as much compost as you want. I think you'll have the most luck with the bin on the left. The one on the right is now "cooking", and the one in the middle is in current use. In fact, I'd better make sure Martina and the family know that!

    ReplyDelete